As Ellen explains in the post below, we both visited the garden today, helping build the beds and water plants. I’ll be writing about the plants here:
1. There were pine needles and leaves covering all the beds, so we cleared them off.
2. The bed with all cabbages looked a little wilted, some were brown on the edges and bottom, with dead leaves hanging on that I picked off.
3. Buckwheat and radishes are sprouting!
4. We added some extra soil to some. Even though it rained and they seemed watered enough at 11:30, by 3pm they were drier so we watered them a bit.
5. We planted another cabbage because it was sitting in a plastic pot thing without any drainage.
6. The pomello tree doesn’t look wilted anymore, at least to my eye, like a previous blogger posted. There are 2 yellow pomellos and a few green ones growing on the tree right now.
7. Carrots and onions are starting to come up!